Monday, February 12, 2007

Doctor Appointments & An Exhibit


An exhibit of embroidered textiles I visited today. More images at F.I.G.

Tomorrow it is supposed to snow, sleet, rain. The city is hunkering down. I gave thanks that my doctor appointments were today, instead of tomorrow. The mammography technician told me that it took her three hours during the snow storm last week to drive home, usually a fifteen-minute trip, and the receptionist said that it took her two hours just to get out of the employee parking garage because everyone was leaving at the same time and no one would let her ease out of her parking space into the exiting traffic line. In fact, everywhere I went this past week, I heard similar stories.

The photograph is of the machine that takes mammograms. Some women avoid getting mammograms because they are afraid of the pain. Studies have shown that extreme pain is a myth. There may be mild discomfort from some, similar to a tight-fitting pair of shoes, but it is only for a very short time, less than a minute per x-ray for me.

When I saw this plate, I interpreted it as "3-D Dreams." Later, I saw another plate, 2D BEACH. A sign my interpretation was right?

No comments: